Friday, January 2, 2009

Vanilla Cupcakes

First time baking, I was learning how to bake a butter cake, in the form of cupcakes.

How many times I have bake
d these cupcakes:
1. At Liana's house, together with Lily, with our kids, during our gathering on Friday, 5 Dec 2008 (first time!) Here comes our cupcakes:



2. At Rusi's house on Saturday, 6 Dec 2008 (my first workshop - alone). I brought back all the cupcakes (given 3 pcs to Tian Hong, 3 pcs to mei mei neighbour, 4 pcs for Agnes, 3 pcs for Aunt neighhbour)
Here are the pictures:
Special made for ZH and MF, my beloved sons.

3. First try by myself on Friday, 10 Dec 2008. Don't have fresh milk at home, so I used Han's Grow Vanilla milk, with combination of 150ml milk and 150gr fine sugar. Sweetness was perfect.

4. Want to give to Chien Me, baked in early morning on Sat, 11 Dec 2008 (during our badminton play). Also using Grow milk, very fine texture.

5. During Xmas party at our house on Friday, 19th Dec 2008. Beside vanilla, I also made brownies cupcakes.

From 3rd to 5th time baking at my house, I have suspected my oven temperature was not correct. That's why I bought oven thermometer $10 from Phoon Huat, since then the baking time become much easier and faster. Next baking, the correct temperature has been reached.

6. Give to Aunt neighbour to make xmas celebration at her house became merrier on Thursday, 25th Dec 2008, (see the pics below), this is my 6th time baked. I made fresh butter cream to create the snow (use fork to make the snow look much nicer) and the snowmen made of fondant, lastly adding colourful sprinkles. All snowmen beautifully crafted by me, also made Dale from fondant coz my sons love this character so much! (Dale is a Disney character from Chip n Dale the chipmunks). Ds said it look so cute! ^_~

Beside these cupcakes, I also made chocolate brownies, decorated with fresh butter cream and cheddar cheese (but forgot to take picture). All tasted great!



















7. To make sure, that I have already mastered the butter cake recipes and baking technique to bake a nice fine texture cupcakes, I made another try. Yes, again, successful. This time was using fresh milk, taste great. I have big interest in decorating cupcakes. I read lots of books, include how to create cute fondant characters, as well as watching videos from many websites. Will upload more designs for the next baking cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment