Friday, January 2, 2009

Vanilla Puffs aka Kue Sus

My sons love to eat Beard Papa vanilla puffs. Every time I have class at Coleman, I always buy a box of beard papa at Bugis Junction, on my way home. But hubby complained their puffs are very expensive. He prefer if I buy from Polar which is cheaper, but I find their taste 'so so' only.

Since this puff is one of my favorites when I was small, I must learn how to bake them and try to get the taste as close as beard papa's. After hunting from the net (for the fillling = vla napoleon, reading book "Aneka Sus, by Tina Ramli", and get Yani's recipe (my friend from Surabaya), the result was truly very yummy! We love it, taste great! My youngest son ate a lot!

Next bake:
I need to learn how to create the shell in prettier shapes, perhaps like shell type. So I bought the shell nozzle, keep it for next attempt. Will also try to create 'Swan' shaped.



No comments:

Post a Comment